Wednesday, March 2

Kinky Friedman for Governor of Texas...

Who wouldn't vote for a hippy-journalist who has written a slew of mystery novels in which he is the sloppy sleuth on the trail of his nemesis. Kinky Friedman for Governor... If you vote, I'll beat you if you don't vote for him.

Silver Taps was really hard. Just standing there, Ram came up behind me and put his arm around me. His massive frame just enveloped me, and I broke into tears. It's hard to see this person that you had made memories with, memories that will never be forgotten, be lost to an untimely death. We're so young, and I'm pretty damn sure that we don't want to die that way, yet we constantly put ourselves in harms way. You are not invincible. You are not going to make it if you jump off the cliff of apathy; there is nothing tethering you to the summit. Take that leap, and you'll be gone.

Chris, I never thought we could be good friends again. It was such an incredibly turbulent relationship, and God knows that I still don't like parts of who he has become (ie; tragically-hip trend-whore), but I won't judge (I just did). It was comforting to have some of the old FHKers there. I can see now how much of a family we've become. Tonight was my homecoming; tonight our arbitrary family grieved as one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I've got the "He's not Kinky, He's my Governor!" bumper sticker on my guitar case. I'm so there.

3/04/2005 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home