Wednesday, December 15

Take me for anything but granted...

Desireability... honestly, it's a tough trait to pin down. What makes a person desireable? Is it their countenance or physical appearance? Is it their demeanor or attitude? Is it their beliefs and values? Or is it instead a byzantine conglomeration of several characteristics that are formed long before the person is met? Maybe instead, it's none of these things, and yet all of them.

I met him about a month and a half ago. I was standing still, and sick of it, no doubt about that. He did the limbo into my brain, and made me think of just exactly what dance I was doing. I would have responded before our meeting that I was "doing the 'standing still'," which is actually torn from The Dismemberment Plan, but only the 'cool kids' know that. He took me to a different region of my own unknown planet and taught me how to do the lunar tango. We're doing this dance, one that lets both people lead at the same time, one that gives both dominant and submissive roles to the dancers and lets them play out in their own time.

He finds me desireable, and I find him intoxicating.

He makes me want to be so much more... yet in someways satisfied with myself.

He gives me light that I've never seen before, much less knew existed.

He makes me understand the purpose I set out for, and he's still working on making it work.

Why has this become this way? How did you cut into the quick so quickly? How did you find my hiding spot? Where have you been, and where will I go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home