Monday, October 18

Stoicism takes a stand

Sherlock Holmes and his masterful powers of deduction wouldn't be able to solve the mystery behind a secret society, much less little ol' me. Why you ask? Well, obviously it's a "secret society" for a reason. I have asked many people about said "secret society" and no one really knows anything about them. I guess they're very effective at keeping their presence a secret, or they just plain don't exist.

Motivation has been lacking in recent days. As to whether it's a general dissent that my body is voicing against my current lifestyle, or I'm just getting a bit lazy and overly content, I'm not sure. However, I need to get excited and ethusiastic quick, or I'm going to lose it, I'm going to catch a serious case of senior-itis, or something similar.

I'm generally irritated with those in administrative positions at A&M. They seem to be entirely too self-serving, much like our current national administration, the BUSH EMPIRE. If you tell someone that you are going to contact them about something that the other party is concerned about, or is in need of, you should follow through with your promise. Instead of my expectations being met, I was hung out to dry with out any notification at all. Is this the way people do business these days?

I just got home, and as I was getting off of the bus, I saw a young girl carrying a violin case. I stopped her and asked her if she in fact was a violinist. She confirmed, and I grew excited. Her name is Kaniyon (KAHN-yon), and she seemed quite disenfranchised from her orchestra teacher, Mr. Hill. I told her that if she ever needed help, a bit of coaching on technique or any lessons, just call me. I handed her my card and she replied with a smile. I think this is what I do best, interacting and uplifting. I just hope that she takes me up on my offer, because I miss teaching so much.

Interesting happenings as of late:
-Saw a burning building. It was so beautiful and sad.
-Saw a two car accident and a dead body. Also beautiful and sad.
-Was harrassed by some good ol' boys on the drive home, called the DPS.
-Was told by my boss that I am "irreplaceable."
-Fell in love with the man all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home