Sunday, October 10

All's fair in love and "whore"

What have you done in the past two weeks that you're proud of?

I'd answer that question by saying: I've taken an exam and done well. I've gone to class everyday, as well as work. I've done a two point chest pull. I've made new friends. I'm expanding my creativity. I started on a self-portrait. I started going to the gym again and lost a subsequent 4 lbs. I haven't been late to work. I've been concentrating on school. I started my article. I went to the photoclub meeting.

How the man would answer that question: Sleep. Eat. Crap. Worked one and a half shifts. Smoke. Sleep.

Seems fair, RIGHT?

But I'm trying not to nag. I'm just carrying the load of two people. It's okay that I'm not only doing all of my work and the domestic duties, and he lays idle. I love him, but this is where I draw the line.

I'm not quite sure about how to break this to the man yet, but where there's a will, there's obviously a way.

Oh, and I'm still praying for the family. There's no quick fix to the "Jerry Springer-ish" crap that my immediate relations keep doing. I wish that we could all look deep within ourselves and see that we are so minor in the scheme of things, and that seeking happiness without killing the hopes, dreams and lives of others is possible.

I strongly recommend that everyone watch "Fahrenheit 9/11." If the entire nation were to watch it, I'd like to see the opinion poll afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home