Friday, August 20

Business as Usual

Even though I'm not a midday meal kind of gal, lunch was nice. I got to emote on all of the depressing instances that have reared their hideously disfigured heads.

A listening ear was great, especially since all I've gotten lately from the man is a coarse and unnerving version of the silent treatment.





I hope things went well at dinner.




I wish he had come with me tonight, only because hitting range balls is so much better with a buddy. However, I was knocking the crap out of my driver, which made the experience much better. I've practiced by myself for the greater part of the time I've been playing golf, so it's no big deal, so don't feel guilty.



All was not lost, only because I'm great at meeting people (and I'm not afraid to admit it). The owner of the range was watching me practice, but the great thing is that he helped me with my swing! I was flattening out at the top, which was causing me to make a casting motion on my downswing, which decreased power and accuracy. After a little help and a lot of range balls, I'm on the way to working it out.

The one thing, the bane of my existence that happens to prevail at practice ranges more than anywhere else, is uneducated advice. Multitudes of "enthusiasts" who have no formal training give pointers to those who are worse off. It irritates me, but who am I to judge.

Nine days left of summer and I have to work on four of those days. The weekend prior to the first day of school is going to be all mine, unless someone wants to share it with me, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'd do fine out in the middle of the wilderness for a few days with a camera. In fact, that sounds very intriguing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home