Thursday, October 14

You are now ready, Grasshoppah...

I'm so amazed by someone's reaction to my philosophies of life, that is, upon hearing them for the first time. It's like reading "Ishmael" again for the first time.

Arin, a wonderful gal. She's so open to learning and new ideas, but not so overzealous that one might think that she's cranking the wheel at an uncommon pace. She's a learner, she seems to have a genuine interest in education, not just that obtained in the archaic classroom, but that of heart-felt knowledge in itself, learning everyday about people, society, culture and all of the things we find in its throws.

Photography, my passion. I know I'm not that experienced, that is, experienced enough to critique a professional, or even experienced enough to see my own faults and weaknesses. I suppose that I desire to be a teacher. Not a master, as the Chinese kung-fu master would berate his student, but a teacher who also learns, who takes the knowledge absorbed from other teachers, and enacts it into life itself, thus teaching others along the way.

Arin appreciated my words today, my teaching and how much I care for humanity. It has revitalized my search. I have found something, and it makes me feel peace.

"People are wonderful, until they prove otherwise,"
-lunaliar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home