Saturday, August 21

In the calm before the storm.

Six hours ago I was watching the overcast and brooding sky. It seemed to lament as I do, with brief bursts of emotion shone across the horizon in starkly contrasting streams of light, breaching the shores and caressing the plains.

Time passed, and soon after my communal with the sky, she rained down tears of loss and sorrow in a last ditch effort for relief. It didn't take much convincing to make me go outside into the comfort of her sobs, but I found that I was not the only one who saw no shame to find joy in the weeping heavens.

I walked out to the paved lot and stood alone, but my unknown confidant began to close the gap between us, and soon remedied the situation. He came up close to me and asked me if I knew how to dance, and after I said yes, he held out his hand.

"Would you care to have this dance?" he said.
"Only if it's a waltz," I replied.

Like otherworldly entities, arm in arm we waltzed across the pavement in a dance celebrating renewal and the ability to just let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home