Monday, August 30

In the wake of silence.

I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to do what the man wanted to do the last weekend of summer, and the last night of vacation during my college career. Beknownst to all, it was a metal concert, and yes, I did know one of the bands playing. Burning Midget, College Station Death Metal with political influence.

I was almost enjoying myself after some Jager and beer. I was taking pictures of the band, and then it happened. My ears began to hurt badly, and I rushed to the bathroom.

Most of my friends know that I am completely deaf in my right ear, and that I've lost hearing in my left ear before. In Los Angeles, during a rehearsal for a suspension show, I was counting the cue from the drummers when all the sudden I couldn't hear the drums at all. My ears began to hurt badly, and I rushed to the outdoors.

So it has happened again. I'm almost completely deaf now, and I'm in my first day back at class. Last time this happened it took two full weeks to recover. I must spend my first two weeks of class in complete silence.

Will they understand? It was an accident, but will I lose my hearing forever?

I don't know, but there's one thing for sure, and it's that I'll keep on fighting, no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home